At St Catherine’s Church of England School we strive to educate our children to realise their aspirations and to contribute positively to society guided by our Christian principles.
Recognising its historic foundation, the School will preserve and develop its religious character in accordance with the principles of the Church of England and in partnership with the Church at parish and Diocesan level. The School aims to serve its community by providing an education of the highest quality within the context of Christian belief and practice. It encourages an understanding of the meaning and significance of faith, and promotes Christian values through the experiences of children.
Our aims for teaching and learning are that all the children will:-
· be tolerant and understanding with respect for the rights, views and property of others.
· develop a responsible and independent attitude towards work and towards their roles in society
· not be limited in terms of their achievement academically, aesthetic appreciation and spiritual awareness.
Every term the staff look out for those child who epitomise our Christian foundation.
Summer Term 2017
Spring Term 2017
Autumn Term 2016
Spirituality Day Summer 2017
Whole School Theme: community & Life Together Encompassing ideas of:
- Awe and wonder at the diversity of life and communities on earth
- Celebration of all the different communities we belong to
- Gratitude - being thankful for families and communities that love and nurture us.
- Sharing what we have willingly and helping those in need.
- Being connected to something greater - God’s family.
Every child and adult in school had the time to reflect on how together we make our communities happy, positive places to be , where all are valued equally and every one has a part to play.