Recognising its historic foundation, the School will preserve and develop its religious character in accordance with the principles of the Church of England and in partnership with the Church at parish and Diocesan level. The School aims to serve its community by providing an education of the highest quality within the context of Christian belief and practice. It encourages an understanding of the meaning and significance of faith, and promotes Christian values through the experiences of children.
Our aims for teaching and learning are that all the children will:-
· be tolerant and understanding with respect for the rights, views and property of others.
· develop a responsible and independent attitude towards work and towards their roles in society
· not be limited in terms of their achievement academically, aesthetic appreciation and spiritual awareness.
Our school believes that:
· Children are the only reason why this school is here. Each child comes with amazing gifts, remarkable talents and immeasurable potential. We have a moral duty to ensure that each child is able to discover and develop these.
· Pupils will be happy and will flourish when working with adults who inspire them to learn. Relationships, based on mutual respect, trust, fun and high expectations are the key to excellent learning.
· Pupils will be happiest and achieve best when their families, in whatever form they happen to be, are involved and working closely with us. We will strive to develop strong partnerships with families.
· A broad and balanced creative curriculum offer inspires and motivates every child.
· Pupils will access learning most relevant to their educational need not chronological age.
Our mission values are reinforced through the telling, learning about and understanding of key Bible stories.
BIBLE STORIES UNDERPIN ETHOS
|The Creation Story||
Awe and wonder beauty creation God’s power/generosity love for us. Custodianship environmental issues. New beginnings. Adam & Eve disobedience.
|The Ten Commandments||
We cannot live a good/right life without rules/guidance. Teaches respect for ourselves/others. Relate to God/getting “right” with god/ living our lives.
|Jesus Calms the Storm||
Trust in God, power of faith, asking questions. Trust Jesus in all situations. Miracles.
|The Feeding of the 5000||
Meeting need having faith/power of faith God provides all our needs. Use God’s resources to help others.
|The Teaching of the Lord’s Prayer||
Power of prayer, strength in joining together to pray, reminds our need to be thankful/need God’s help. Before we can be forgiven we have to forgive others.
|The Good Samaritan||
Compassion/giving, everyone is your neighbour, rejection prejudice.
|The Lost Sheep||
Everyone is equally important to God, care for everyone, second chances given to those who take them. God will call you back when you stray.
|The Prodigal Son||
Forgiveness second chances grace is for everyone. Returning to your father (God) finding your way home.
Value everyone, have high expectations of all forgive give second chances, put things right. Jesus showed love we need to show love.
|The Story of the Talents||
Use our gifts generously, use gifts to glorify God, not using gifts makes God sad. Everything is a gift from God.
Links to PDF copies of the stories (Click names to open). If you require a PDF reader click here: